bpf.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Access to a BPF map from a module
@ 2021-07-05 15:59 Anton Ivanov
From: Anton Ivanov @ 2021-07-05 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpf

Hi List,

I have the following problem.

I want to perform some operations on a bpf map from a loadable module. The map is instantiated elsewhere and pinned.

How do I go about to obtain the map inside the module?

bpf_map_get* functions are not exported at present so they are not available. Is there another way besides them to fetch a bpf map "by fs name" in a kernel module?

If the access limitation is intentional, may I ask what is the actual rationale behind this decision?

--
Anton R. Ivanov
https://www.kot-begemot.co.uk/