bpf.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>
To: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com>
Cc: bpf@vger.kernel.org, Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>,
	Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Subject: Re: Strange scripts/get_maintainer.pl output
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:51:41 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 00:25 +0200, Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> Hi Joe,

Hey Miguel.

> I was preparing the RFC for the clang-format stuff and I ran:
>
>   scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f .clang-format
>
> But it seems I (also) got the people from the BPF entry for some
> reason. Maybe the dot messes with some regex? (although other
> dot-files seem to work). I could try to solve it, but my Perl-fu is
> weak and you are the wizard of get_maintainer.pl anyway... :-)

It's not perl, it's the entry for
	K: bpf
in the BPF section.

BPF (Safe dynamic programs and tools)
M:	Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>
M:	Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
[...]
K:	bpf
N:	bpf

This K: entry matches a _lot_ of files that contain bpf.

For instance, the .clang-format file has:

$ git grep bpf .clang-format
.clang-format:  - 'bpf_for_each_spilled_reg'

If you use --no-keywords, you get:

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f --no-keywords .clang-format
Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com> (maintainer:CLANG-FORMAT FILE)
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)