c-std-porting.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Porting procmail to C99
@ 2022-11-25 21:18 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2022-11-25 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: c-std-porting

Is procmail still widely used?  It has its own non-autoconf build
configuration system, and it's not easily fixed because it assumes that
implicit function declarations are supported: sources with multiple
functions are compiled (but not linked), and those functions that
produce diagnostics are flagged as unsupported (or so I assume).

I'm inclined towards building procmail in C89 mode for Fedora.

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Porting procmail to C99
@ 2022-11-25 22:14 ` Bruno Haible
From: Bruno Haible @ 2022-11-25 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: c-std-porting, Florian Weimer

Florian Weimer asked:
> Is procmail still widely used?

According to [1], I'd say yes: currently, ca. 6300 Debian users use it regularly.

Bruno

[1] https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=procmail

* Re: Porting procmail to C99
@ 2022-11-26  4:28   ` Fangrui Song
From: Fangrui Song @ 2022-11-26  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen R. van den Berg; +Cc: c-std-porting, Florian Weimer, Bruno Haible

On 2022-11-25, Bruno Haible wrote:
>Florian Weimer asked:
>> Is procmail still widely used?
>
>According to [1], I'd say yes: currently, ca. 6300 Debian users use it regularly.
>
>Bruno
>
>[1] https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=procmail

Cc a maintainer.

(Looking at the issue tracker, items like https://github.com/BuGlessRB/procmail/issues/1 are tracked.)

(I used Maildir and offlineimap long time ago, but nowadays it's too
difficult to keep doing these stuff locally...)