c-std-porting.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Help getting started with compiling rawhide sources
@ 2023-12-23  8:49 balaji marisetti
From: balaji marisetti @ 2023-12-23  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: c-std-porting

Hello,

I'm new to Fedora development workflow. I want to help with porting a
package or two as part of Fedora  Modern C initiative. I went through
the link below, but it assumes some familiarity with Fedora tools and
the development process, but I'm completely new to Fedora.
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Toolchain/PortingToModernC

Can someone point me to a tutorial or a starting guide to Fedora
development? I currently have a Fedora-39 running in a Virtualbox.
Also I have the podman container with the instrumented gcc (mentioned
in the link above) running inside the Fedora-39 instance.

I cloned this repo https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/nbdkit, but I
couldn't find any c-sources inside it. How to start building from this
repo?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Balaji M

--