Hi! > > > commit 78a0d7f2f5a31357bce68012d886507b4cf33598 upstream. > > > > > > Move shareable code to common file pcie-rcar.c and the #defines to > > > pcie-rcar.h so that the common code can be reused with endpoint driver. > > > There are no functional changes with this patch for the host controller > > > driver. > > > > Whoa. > > > > So... original patch _moved_ shared code to new place. > > > > This version creates another copy of shared code, probably subtly > > different from the other one. > > > > Is that good idea? Won't two copies cause problems depending on > > .config? Could we share code, as the mainline does? > > > My main concern was this produces a big diff which would make it difficult for review. And CONFIG_PCIE_RCAR_HOST by default selects CONFIG_PCIE_RCAR which builds the host driver. > pcie-rcar.c is the same as mainline only that pcie-rcar-host.c is untouched here. > > If you are OK ill post the similar changes to pcie-rcar-host.c as done in the actual upstream patch. > I'm not 100% sure what you are proposing, but let's do that. We should not end with two copies of the identical code in -cip, right? > > Anyway, patches up to previous one -- [37/50] arm64: defconfig: Enable > > CONFIG_PCIE_RCAR_HOST look okay to me, so if you can send them as > > non-RFC version, I cal likely apply them. > > > I shall get on posting the 2nd bunch of non-RFC. I believe we are ready for rest of the patches. Best regards, Pavel -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany