On Wed, 2020-11-11 at 13:18 +0000, masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp wrote: > Hi, > > The other day, I inquired about CVE-2019-0145, CVE-2019-0147, and CVE-2019-0148 in the following email. > > The kernel team discussed for weeks how to deal with them. > As a result of these discussions, we concluded to ignore them until Intel fixes issues, because: > - The descriptions of patches are not clear, and we cannot figure out what is right > - The patches we identified do not really look like fixing too serious stuff. They all seemed to involve communication with the owner of a PCIe Virtual Function (VF). A VF might be assigned to a VM or privileged process. In Civil Infrastructure systems those should already be trusted and so the issues don't matter that much. > So far, we had the following AI, but we close this based on the above situation. > > 2. Check whether CVE-2019-0145, CVE-2019-0147, CVE-2019-0148 needs to be backported to 4.4 - Kernel Team [...] Well, I found it quite easy to backport the applicable parts of the fixes. I already sent them along with some other fixes for the 4.14 and 4.9 branches, and could still do so for 4.4. Ben. -- Ben Hutchings, Software Developer Codethink Ltd https://www.codethink.co.uk/ Dale House, 35 Dale Street Manchester, M1 2HF, United Kingdom