cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
From: "Alice Ferrazzi" <alice.ferrazzi@miraclelinux.com>
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Kselftest implementation
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 17:49:03 +0900	[thread overview]

thanks for the review,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 4:35 PM Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <
nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@toshiba.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your work.
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:04:26AM +0900, Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
> > Hello Chris,
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 7:27 AM Chris Paterson <
> Chris.Paterson2@renesas.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Alice,

ok.

> > > KernelCI also recently implemented kselftest support if that's useful
> at
> > > all, this'll include the build side of things.
> > >
> https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/tree/main/config/lava/kselftest
> > >

> > I know about KernelCI effort for kselftest and I think to use a similar
> > approach about the kselftest binary creation implementation.
> >
> > The code I wrote is based on Glava-tests that is part of GKernelCI.
> > GKernelCI is the current Gentoo kernel CI system that is reporting and
> > collaborating with KernelCI.
> > https://github.com/GKernelCI/Glava-tests
> > Using a different repository currently is helpful for self managing the
> > skiplist, but it could be changed in the future.
>

> I think this needs to be done first.
> I also think there are several approaches to creating kselftest
> binaries.
>
> - Continue to use a particular kernel version of ksefltests.
> - Use CIP kernel kselftest.
> - Use the latest kernel kselftest.
>
> I used to build an environment using the latter.
>

> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/tree/ci/iwamatsu/linux-cip-kselftest
>
> By the way, do you know which kernelci they are using?

KernelCI is using a docker container for building kselftest
https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/blob/26924e6b1a90833bcdf8eb28d038fa2fac19885f/config/docker/gcc-8_x86/Dockerfile

KernelCI is building kselftest in production for at least linux-next and
mainline any time a new revision is discovered on the branches. on
staging.kernelci.org kselftest is built for each job.
This was yesterday staging build with kselftest
https://staging.kernelci.org/build/kernelci/branch/staging-mainline/kernel/staging-mainline-20210422.0/

Currently I'm working on a similar implementation for CIP testing.

Thanks,
Alicef

--
Cybertrust Japan Co.,Ltd.