Hi Rajashree, > From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org > > Hi Rajashree, > > On 16.10.20 12:25, Rajashree Sankar wrote: > >  Hello, > > We are using Linux-CIP Kernel Version 4.19.140-cip33. We do not find > > IMX files  in the Kernel supporting Camera Capture through CSI.Could > > you get us  how the support can be added? > > Can you be more specific about what kernel driver(s) you are missing? Is latest > 5.9 supporting this? Then please provide a reference (driver name, DT bindings > or even commit list). > > Or are you referring to a feature of the vendor tree (linux-imx)? Then please talk > to NXP and ask about the status of this, if there is an upstream equivalent by > now or if this has been abandoned by them. > > CIP has a strict upstream-first policy, so we can't take any downstream patches. > However, if a feature is upstream and only missed the latest CIP kernel, you can > propose backported patches for integration into that kernel. Preconditions: > > - they are not invasive to other drivers or the kernel as a whole > > - you are a CIP member, or the CIP member community supports the > backport (as it may increase our workload) You may find the details of CIP kernel maintenance policies here [1] and here [2] [1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipkernelmaintenance#cip_kernel_maintenance_policies [2] https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/ossna2020/d0/OSSNA2020-CIPKernelTeam-2.pdf SZ > > > Thanks and Regards, > > Rajashree Sankar > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY > > This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for > > [...] > > If configurable on your client, please disable this footer when posting to public > lists. It's irrelevant here because the content can't be confidential due to the > target public audience. This only bloats your messages. > > Jan > > -- > Siemens AG, T RDA IOT > Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux