cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* Re: [cip-dev] Is cadence-quadspi working on cyclone V?
@ 2021-03-15  4:32 Takuo Koguchi
From: Takuo Koguchi @ 2021-03-15  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Pavel,

> >> Git bisect has told me the first bad commit is
> >> 31fb632b5d43 spi: Move cadence-quadspi driver to drivers/spi/
> >
> > That's strange.
> >
> >> Does this change requires device tree modification?
> >> Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
> >
> > ...because that particular change does not change any C code. But it
> > touches Kconfig bits; can you check that CONFIG_SPI_CADENCE_QUADSPI is
> > enabled in the "bad" configuration?
> >
> > Do you have any local changes in
> > drivers/mtd/spi-nor/controllers/cadence-quadspi.c or
> > drivers/spi/spi-cadence-quadspi.c ?
> I have no local changes to those files.
> Maybe I lost CONFIG_SPI_CADENCE_QUADSPI accidentally while bisecting.
> I will try bisect and post the result again.

I redo the bisect and get the following result;
# first bad commit: [a314f6367787ee1d767df9a2120f17e4511144d0] mtd: spi-nor: Convert cadence-quadspi to use spi-mem framework

It contains significant amount of changes;

With this change, cpspi_probe return 0 without any error messages, but it does not detect NOR flash on a custom cyclone V board.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Takuo Koguchi

@ 2021-03-12  3:50 Takuo Koguchi