cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] hitachi_omap defconfigs
@ 2020-12-16  6:10 masashi.kudo
       [not found] ` <16529B035A24E529.13568@lists.cip-project.org>
From: masashi.kudo @ 2020-12-16  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev, cip-members

Hi, Hitachi-team,

Last week, CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] was reported by the following email.
https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v641=SrfdDh9CS4fwWVrfuCG2O2oni9V_QsVJEza+g5mRg@mail.gmail.com/T/#u

According to the kernel team analysis, it seems that the nouveau driver is enabled in hitachi_omap defconfigs for both 4.4 and 4.19.
However, the configs are for OMAP platforms which, according to our understanding, don't have PCI for a graphics card.
So we think that the hitachi_omap defconfigs should be corrected to disable the nouveau driver.

We could be wrong, so please advise us. Once you confirm it to be corrected, we will go ahead to change it.
Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

* Re: [cip-dev] hitachi_omap defconfigs
@ 2020-12-21  2:38 ` Hidehiro Kawai
       [not found] ` <16529B035A24E529.13568@lists.cip-project.org>
From: Hidehiro Kawai @ 2020-12-21  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp', 'wens@csie.org'
  Cc: cip-dev, cip-members

Hello Kudo-san and ChenYu-san,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Including nouveau driver, it seems that our defconfigs have some
unneeded drivers.  I'm confirming this with our development team,
please wait a moment.

Best regards,

Hidehiro Kawai
Hitachi, Ltd. Research & Development Group

@ 2020-12-25  6:33   ` Hidehiro Kawai
From: Hidehiro Kawai @ 2020-12-25  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp', 'wens@csie.org'
  Cc: cip-dev, cip-members

Kudo-san and ChenYu-san,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  The confirmation will take some time.
If you'd like to solve this issue quickly, please disable nouveau driver now.
After the confirmation, we'll send an updated defconfig.

@ 2020-12-25  9:27     ` masashi.kudo
From: masashi.kudo @ 2020-12-25  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hidehiro.kawai.ez, wens; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-members

Hi, Kawai-san,

Thanks very much for letting us know the current status.
We will wait for your response, so I would appreciate it if you can keep us updated.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

@ 2021-02-25  7:59       ` masashi.kudo
From: masashi.kudo @ 2021-02-25  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hidehiro.kawai.ez, wens; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-members

Hi, Kawai-san,

It's been a while since we last chatted about this issue.
If it takes more time, shall we disable nouveau driver as you suggested?

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

@ 2021-02-26 12:40         ` Hidehiro Kawai
From: Hidehiro Kawai @ 2021-02-26 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp', wens; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-members

Kudo-san,

I'm sorry about this.

I think we can disable some DRM drivers, but I haven't received
response from related persons yet.
So, please simply disable nouveau driver.

@ 2021-02-27  9:27           ` masashi.kudo
From: masashi.kudo @ 2021-02-27  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hidehiro.kawai.ez, wens; +Cc: cip-dev, cip-members