Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@web.de>
To: Coccinelle <cocci@systeme.lip6.fr>
Subject: [Cocci] Navigation for source code positions from error messages
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 18:33:43 +0200

Hello,

I try to achieve something also by the specification of Python code within
scripts for the semantic patch language.
It can happen then that such code contains questionable places
(because of usual update candidates).

Example for a corresponding error message:
…
  File "<string>", line 11
SyntaxError: can't assign to function call
Error in Python script, line 42, file …

I have got difficulties to follow the provided line numbers.
Can they belong to a SmPL rule “initialize” or “finalize”?
I hoped that the error situation would become clearer if I add rule names there.
But I wonder then again about information like the following.

…
rule name: parse error:
…
  whole content = @initialize:python start@