Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Jerome Glisse <jglisse@redhat.com>
To: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
Cc: cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
Subject: Re: [Cocci] Add code after local variable declarations ?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 10:14:30 -0400

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 07:14:29AM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Jerome Glisse wrote:
>
> > I would like to add code after local variable declaration but there
> > is nothing particular to match there for me. Roughly i want to do:
> >
> >     void FooFun(..., struct fooicareabout *identifier, ...)
> >     {
> >         // bunch of local variable
> >
> >         // I want to add code here after all local variables
> >     }
>
> @@
> statement S,S1;
> @@
>
> foo(...) {
>   ... when != S
> + added code
>   S1
> }
>
> A declaration doesn't match S.

Oh cool did not think of that thanks. What happens if some of the
declaration also have initializer that are statement ie for instance:

foobar(int a, int b, int c, struct fooicareabout *id)
{
    int toto = funbar(a, b);
    int k, l, m;

}

> > The thing i match on is one of the function argument. So is that do-
> > able ? If so any pointer on how to do this would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.  You can certainly make a
> pattern for your parameters like you have shown in the example.  Do you
> mean that you want to go find the argument value at the call site?

No i want to add some code to _all_ function that have a specific
structure as one of their argument. Thus i match on the function
parameter list for the struct i am interested in and then after
all the declaration i add a code snippet.

Cheers,
Jérôme

  parent reply index