Coccinelle Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [Cocci] kzfree script
@ 2020-10-02 14:01 Julia Lawall
  2020-10-02 14:10 ` Denis Efremov
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Julia Lawall @ 2020-10-02 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Efremov; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel

Denis,

In the rule proposing kzfree_sensitive, I think it would be helpful to
also highlight the memset line.

julia
_______________________________________________
Cocci mailing list
Cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
https://systeme.lip6.fr/mailman/listinfo/cocci

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [Cocci] kzfree script
  2020-10-02 14:01 [Cocci] kzfree script Julia Lawall
@ 2020-10-02 14:10 ` Denis Efremov
  2020-10-02 14:13   ` Julia Lawall
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Denis Efremov @ 2020-10-02 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel

Hi,

On 10/2/20 5:01 PM, Julia Lawall wrote:
> Denis,
> 
> In the rule proposing kzfree_sensitive, I think it would be helpful to
> also highlight the memset line.

What do you mean? It's "highlighted" in context mode. Do you mean adding
position argument to memset call and showing this position in the warning
messages?

Thanks,
Denis

_______________________________________________
Cocci mailing list
Cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
https://systeme.lip6.fr/mailman/listinfo/cocci

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [Cocci] kzfree script
  2020-10-02 14:10 ` Denis Efremov
@ 2020-10-02 14:13   ` Julia Lawall
  2020-10-02 14:15     ` Denis Efremov
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Julia Lawall @ 2020-10-02 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Efremov; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel



On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, Denis Efremov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/2/20 5:01 PM, Julia Lawall wrote:
> > Denis,
> >
> > In the rule proposing kzfree_sensitive, I think it would be helpful to
> > also highlight the memset line.
>
> What do you mean? It's "highlighted" in context mode. Do you mean adding
> position argument to memset call and showing this position in the warning
> messages?

Yes, that seems to be what I mean.  0-day generated a message from the
script, and I had to hunt around for the reason why it was doing that.  So
it would be nice to have the memset highlighted.  It seems that the
non-patch 0-day messages are generated from the report mode.

thanks,
julia
_______________________________________________
Cocci mailing list
Cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
https://systeme.lip6.fr/mailman/listinfo/cocci

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [Cocci] kzfree script
  2020-10-02 14:13   ` Julia Lawall
@ 2020-10-02 14:15     ` Denis Efremov
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Denis Efremov @ 2020-10-02 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci, linux-kernel

On 10/2/20 5:13 PM, Julia Lawall wrote:
> 
> 
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, Denis Efremov wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 10/2/20 5:01 PM, Julia Lawall wrote:
>>> Denis,
>>>
>>> In the rule proposing kzfree_sensitive, I think it would be helpful to
>>> also highlight the memset line.
>>
>> What do you mean? It's "highlighted" in context mode. Do you mean adding
>> position argument to memset call and showing this position in the warning
>> messages?
> 
> Yes, that seems to be what I mean.  0-day generated a message from the
> script, and I had to hunt around for the reason why it was doing that.  So
> it would be nice to have the memset highlighted.  It seems that the
> non-patch 0-day messages are generated from the report mode.
> 

Ok, I will send a patch for it.

Thanks,
Denis
_______________________________________________
Cocci mailing list
Cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
https://systeme.lip6.fr/mailman/listinfo/cocci

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-02 14:01 [Cocci] kzfree script Julia Lawall
2020-10-02 14:10 ` Denis Efremov
2020-10-02 14:13   ` Julia Lawall
2020-10-02 14:15     ` Denis Efremov

Coccinelle Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/0 cocci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 cocci cocci/ https://lore.kernel.org/cocci \
		cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
	public-inbox-index cocci

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/fr.lip6.systeme.cocci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git