Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@web.de>
To: "Jérôme Glisse" <jglisse@redhat.com>
Cc: cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
Subject: Re: [Cocci] Add code after local variable declarations?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 18:42:23 +0200

> No i want to add some code to _all_ function that have a specific
> structure as one of their argument. Thus i match on the function
> parameter list for the struct i am interested in

This source code search approach is generally fine.

> and then after all the declaration i add a code snippet.

Our programmer eyes are trained for pattern recognition according to
such a software transformation.

* How many efforts would you like to invest into the development
  for the automation of this refactoring (together with
  the semantic patch language)?

* Would you like to determine the source code positions between
  variable declaration (or definition) blocks and other statements safely?

* Will any additional constraints become relevant for this change attempt?

Regards,
Markus

      parent reply index