Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Cocci] coccinelle depends on unmaintained pygtk
@ 2020-02-04 14:48 eamanu
From: eamanu @ 2020-02-04 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this issues is duplicated, I am new in the mailing list
and in a very quickly searching I didn't found about this issue.

I am working on Coccinelle package on Debian and currently
exist the next bug [1].

There is any plan to port to use GObject Instrospection?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=885267

Thanks!

Cheers,
eamanu

* Re: [Cocci] coccinelle depends on unmaintained pygtk
@ 2020-02-04 14:59 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2020-02-04 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eamanu; +Cc: cocci

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020, eamanu wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Sorry if this issues is duplicated, I am new in the mailing list
> and in a very quickly searching I didn't found about this issue.
>
> I am working on Coccinelle package on Debian

Thanks!

> and currently
> exist the next bug [1].
>
> There is any plan to port to use GObject Instrospection?
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=885267

I think we should just drop the code that depends on it.  It was added for
a MS thesis more than 10 years ago, and I don't think anyone has used it
since.

I will look into it.

julia

* Re: [Cocci] coccinelle depends on unmaintained pygtk
@ 2020-02-04 15:25   ` eamanu
From: eamanu @ 2020-02-04 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci

Hi!

On 04/02/2020 11:59, Julia Lawall wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2020, eamanu wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Sorry if this issues is duplicated, I am new in the mailing list
>> and in a very quickly searching I didn't found about this issue.
>>
>> I am working on Coccinelle package on Debian
> Thanks!
>
>> and currently
>> exist the next bug [1].
>>
>> There is any plan to port to use GObject Instrospection?
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=885267
> I think we should just drop the code that depends on it.  It was added for
> a MS thesis more than 10 years ago, and I don't think anyone has used it
> since.
>
> I will look into it.

Great, if you need help, I can help :-)

I will wait for any news. Thanks