cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
From: ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com>
To: Raghavan Raman <ragr@uber.com>
Cc: cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
Subject: Re: [Cocci] Coccinelle for Go
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 22:04:06 -0700	[thread overview]

Given the existence of the go AST package, which is used in so many
ways to rewrite Go code (gofmt and go imports to name just two), I'm
not sure I see the
need for coccinelle. This is not in any way a criticism of coccinelle,
I use it all the time for C. But I also write tools that
use the Go AST package to rewrite Go, and have never felt the lack of
coccinelle for Go. I'm curious what you see as the use case.

ron