Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Quentin Young <qlyoung@qlyoung.net>
To: cocci@systeme.lip6.fr
Subject: [Cocci] How to write SmPL patch to handle for-each macros?
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 11:46:21 -0400

Hi there, I was wondering how to handle this situation in SmPL. I have a
codebase that defines a couple macros for use within for loops, mostly used to
iterate lists, like this:

for (LIST_ELEMENTS(…)) {
   /* blah blah */
}

I’m having trouble figuring out how to write a rule that matches these for
statements without resorting to doing preprocessor expansion before I run
spatch. The semantics I’m trying to achieve are:

@@
…
@@

for (LIST_ELEMENTS(…)) {
   /* stuff I want to match is here */
}

Could I get some help? Barring that, I’d also take a link to the appropriate
documentation, if I’ve missed it. Thanks in advance.

Quentin