Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@web.de>
To: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
Cc: Coccinelle <cocci@systeme.lip6.fr>
Subject: Re: [Cocci] Moving exception handling code to the end of a function implementation with SmPL?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:50:50 +0100

>>>   Unfortunately, I stumble on the error message “replacement: already tagged token:
>>>   C code context” then.
>
> This is what I would expect.

I came along different application imaginations.

> You could use one rule with an exists to put a position variable in the place
> where you want to put a kfree, and then use another rule to put a kfree
> at that position.

I have got the impression from this information that you think in other
directions than the use case I presented here once more
(where the mentioned function call is not added).
Can this kind of feedback eventually belong to an other recent topic?

I would appreciate if transformation conflicts can be reduced also by
the generic identification of error codes and jump targets for the combination
of a bit of exception handling code.

Regards,
Markus