On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, Markus Elfring wrote: > >>>>> Your ifs may be in a loop. > >>>> > >>>> Does your technology treat this control flow in special ways? > >>> > >>> No. > >> > >> Would the quoted information be irrelevant then for the discussed use case? > > > > No idea what the above means. > > It seems that there is another communication difficulty involved. > > Your feedback indicated concerns for the handling of loops > in the shown source code search results, didn't it? > > > > There are control flow paths that cause ... to connect things. > > I guess that these “connections” need further clarifications. > > > > The process of matching doesn't know if the connection is due to a loop, > > and if, a goto, or anything else. > > Should two search specifications (with SmPL ellipses) between them > be kept separate for the desired diff output? I don't understand any of your answers precisely. If you have a pattern like AAA ... BBB The AAA and BBB might match the same code if there is a possible flow of execution from the match of AAA to itself. julia