cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
From: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
To: "Christoph Böhmwalder" <christoph.boehmwalder@linbit.com>
Cc: Coccinelle <cocci@systeme.lip6.fr>
Subject: Re: [Cocci] const in parameter lists
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:50:04 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 01:31:52PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, it's not clear to me what you want to do.  Do you want to verify
> > that there is a const before renaming the parameter?  Could you do
> >
> > const unsigned
> > -a
> > +b
> >
> > ?
> >
> > julia
>
> I'll try and outline what I'm actually trying to do.
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> int drbd_submit_peer_request(struct drbd_device *device,
> 			     struct drbd_peer_request *peer_req,
> 			     const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags,
> 			     const int fault_type)
> {
> // ...
> }
>
> This is what I want:
>
> int drbd_submit_peer_request(struct drbd_device *device,
> 			     struct drbd_peer_request *peer_req,
> 			     const unsigned rw,
> 			     const int fault_type)
> {
> // ...
> }
>
> And this is my cocci patch:
>
> @@
> identifier op, op_flags;
> struct bio *b;
> @@
> drbd_submit_peer_request(...
> -    , const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags
> +    , const unsigned rw
>  ,...)
> {
> }
>
> This gives an error:
>
> minus: parse error:
>   File "drbd/drbd-kernel-compat/cocci/req_write__yes_present.cocci", line 35, column 22, charpos = 548
>   around = 'op',
>   whole content = -    , const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags
>

> Doing it without the consts yields this:
>
>  int drbd_submit_peer_request(struct drbd_device *device,
> -                            struct drbd_peer_request *peer_req,
> -                            const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags,
> +                            struct drbd_peer_request *peer_reqconst,
> +                            unsigned rw,
>                              const int fault_type)
>  {
>
> Notice the stray "const" behind "peer_req".
>
> So -- to answer your question -- my priority here is to get the code
> compiling; I don't actually care about any of the consts. Best case
> scenario would be to have it remove whether or not the consts are there
> and always add the new parameter with a const.

How about the following?

@@
identifier op, op_flags;
struct bio *b;
type T;
@@
T drbd_submit_peer_request(...,
-       unsigned op
+       unsigned rw
        ,
-       unsigned op_flags,
        ...)
{
}

It doesn't add a const on rw, though.  And it doesn't allow using the
const to figure out where to match.  I will have to look into why the
consts aren't being parsed properly.

julia