Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr>
To: "Christoph Böhmwalder" <christoph.boehmwalder@linbit.com>
Cc: Coccinelle <cocci@systeme.lip6.fr>
Subject: Re: [Cocci] const in parameter lists
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:00:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 01:31:52PM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, it's not clear to me what you want to do.  Do you want to verify
> > that there is a const before renaming the parameter?  Could you do
> >
> > const unsigned
> > -a
> > +b
> >
> > ?
> >
> > julia
>
> I'll try and outline what I'm actually trying to do.
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> int drbd_submit_peer_request(struct drbd_device *device,
> 			     struct drbd_peer_request *peer_req,
> 			     const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags,
> 			     const int fault_type)
> {
> // ...
> }
>
> This is what I want:
>
> int drbd_submit_peer_request(struct drbd_device *device,
> 			     struct drbd_peer_request *peer_req,
> 			     const unsigned rw,
> 			     const int fault_type)
> {
> // ...
> }
>
> And this is my cocci patch:
>
> @@
> identifier op, op_flags;
> struct bio *b;
> @@
> drbd_submit_peer_request(...
> -    , const unsigned op, const unsigned op_flags
> +    , const unsigned rw

Const was not supported in front of signed or unsigned (as opposed to
signed int or unsigned int).  I have fixed this, but am not able to
update github due to a build issue.  But your semantic patch will work if
you put unsigned int in each case.  It will not require the int to be
present in the C code.

julia