On Fri, 8 Nov 2019, Markus Elfring wrote: > Hello, > > I have taken another look at a script for the semantic patch language. > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/scripts/coccinelle/free/iounmap.cocci?id=cd0207a7bfd29016a4eeb0b0203fa900b41e4eee > > It belongs to the category of SmPL scripts which support data output also for > structured file formats. The output order matters then for the integration of > additional information so that preferably valid data are provided at > appropriate places. > > A well-known file format like “Org mode” expects then that specific contents > should be enclosed by corresponding tags. > https://orgmode.org/manual/Literal-Examples.html > > But a SmPL rule which uses the SmPL asterisk functionality triggers immediate > output of diff hunks so far (if a source code fragment was matched). > I find such a data processing approach questionable for this operation mode. > > I imagine the following solution possibilities. > > 1. Separate SmPL rules should be used without SmPL asterisks. > > 2. It would occasionally be more convenient to redirect the output to standard > files into corresponding variables. > > > How would you like to improve the software situation here? make coccicheck uses --no-show-diff at the approrpiate place so that the * have no effect if the context option is not chosen. julia > > Regards, > Markus > _______________________________________________ > Cocci mailing list > Cocci@systeme.lip6.fr > https://systeme.lip6.fr/mailman/listinfo/cocci >