Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Cocci] Checking the display of SmPL isomorphism results (with pointers)
@ 2020-06-26  6:36 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2020-06-26  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Coccinelle

Hello,

I have tried another tiny script variant out for the semantic patch language
(according to the software combination “Coccinelle 1.0.8-00131-g675b9670”).

@display@
expression* x;
statement is, es;
@@
*if (!x)
    is
 else
    es

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/janitor> spatch --parse-cocci show_null_pointer_checks.cocci
…
if (*!*x *!= *NULL)
…
if (*!*NULL *!= *x)
…
if (*x *!= *NULL *== *NULL)
…
if (*NULL *!= *x *== *NULL)
…
if (*NULL *== *x *!= *NULL)
…
if (*NULL *== *NULL *!= *x)
…

Now I find the shown lines in such a program output questionable.
Should these presentations of elements in SmPL disjunctions be shorter?

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [Cocci] Checking the display of SmPL isomorphism results (with pointers)
@ 2020-06-26  7:44 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2020-06-26  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Elfring; +Cc: Coccinelle