On Sat, 5 Sep 2020, Markus Elfring wrote: > >>> What clarifications? > >> > >> Did you notice that my suggestion for the SmPL script variant “scripts/coccinelle/api/device_attr_show.cocci” > >> can generate a patch? > >> https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/0a9015b6-9037-59c5-31f2-cd2b32c86b50@linux.com/ > >> > >> Unfortunately, it seems that this transformation approach produces also > >> an inappropriate test result so far. > >> Do we expect that the first part of the SmPL disjunction should match > >> (for the source file “drivers/base/core.c” for example)? > > > > This semantic patch triggers the same problem as the original one, > > This view is interesting. > > > > and should benefit from the same solution. > > I noticed the commit “improve andany optimization” yesterday. > https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/commit/1a5502d4be8db0623b5acead974943098bdcbf57 > > The change description contains the following information. > > “… > It also makes the test failing_andany work, which did not work previously. > …” > > I would hope for further positive consequences. Thus I have tried > the software “Coccinelle 1.0.8-00168-gc4048513” out again. > But I observe that the expected patch is still not generated > if a special SmPL disjunction should be applied in my test case. > The expected test result is displayed if a source code search > should be performed according to extracted code from the first branch > of such a disjunction (so that no disjunction is specified in > the SmPL script variant). > > How will the clarification be continued? The clarification will be continued when you provide a small semantic patch and a C file that causes a problem. I'm not going to hunt in years of mail archives to find it. If you want something to happen you have to provide that information now. julia