Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Cocci] NULL pointer constraints vs. compiler checks
@ 2019-07-12 10:52 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult @ 2019-07-12 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML, Coccinelle

Hello folks,

we recently have lots of patches for either adding missing NULL checks,
removing unneeded ones, etc. It seems that's an non-trivial terrain,
so I'm thinking about potential compiler support.

Does anybody know whether gcc has some way for not-null constraints ?

thx
--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@metux.net -- +49-151-27565287

* Re: [Cocci] NULL pointer constraints vs. compiler checks
@ 2019-07-12 15:27 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-07-12 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enrico Weigelt; +Cc: cocci

> we recently have lots of patches for either adding missing NULL checks,

> removing unneeded ones, etc.

Would you like to point any more concrete change examples out?

> It seems that's an non-trivial terrain,

This area can be also challenging.

> so I'm thinking about potential compiler support.

Can any more development tools help?

> Does anybody know whether gcc has some way for not-null constraints ?

Will you get corresponding answers better from other information systems
than the mailing list here?

Regards,
Markus