Coccinelle archive on lore.kernel.org
* [Cocci] Data processing with pointer types/expressions
@ 2019-11-18 12:26 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-11-18 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Coccinelle

Hello,

I am fiddling with another SmPL script for a while.
https://github.com/git/git/blob/177fbab747da4f58cb2a8ce010b3515c86dd67c9/contrib/coccinelle/array.cocci

My software development attention increased then also for the used metavariable
declarations like the following.
* T *src_ptr
* T[] src_arr

These worked to some degree. Now I wonder about this fact because they were
applied at source code places where pointer expressions (or arrays) should be
passed as parameters for known functions. The provided information corresponds
to pointer types in the shown use case.

It seems that there is a risk for confusion for the desired data processing
when also arrays which store pointers should be found in the source code.

Can corresponding type variations be clarified better?

Regards,
Markus

only message in thread, back to index