connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Daniel Wagner <wagi@monom.org>
To: Andrei Datcu <datcuandrei@gmail.com>
Cc: connman@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: Calling Service::Remove will not raise the Service::PropertyChanged event
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 09:25:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Andrei,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:15:24PM +0300, Andrei Datcu wrote:
> I'm having a wifi service with:
> State == "idle"
> Error == "invalid-key"
>
> Calling Service::Remove() will correctly reset the "Error" property.
> There will be no Service::PropertyChanged signal emitted however. Is
> this a bug or is this technically not considered a property change
> since the property is now missing all together from the property set?

Good question. I tend to say, the reason why no PropertyChanged is
issued is that the service itself is removed and not just a
property. Given that you call 'Remove' and get a reply message which
says, it the request was either successful or not should be
enough. Also, the D-Bus service object should be removed then and
this should give another signal source.

Thanks,
Daniel