ConnMan network manager
* Calling Service::Remove will not raise the Service::PropertyChanged event
@ 2021-06-22 18:15 Andrei Datcu
From: Andrei Datcu @ 2021-06-22 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

I'm having a wifi service with:
State == "idle"
Error == "invalid-key"

Calling Service::Remove() will correctly reset the "Error" property.
There will be no Service::PropertyChanged signal emitted however. Is
this a bug or is this technically not considered a property change
since the property is now missing all together from the property set?

Thanks,
Andrei Datcu

* Re: Calling Service::Remove will not raise the Service::PropertyChanged event
@ 2021-07-02  7:25 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2021-07-02  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrei Datcu; +Cc: connman

Hi Andrei,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:15:24PM +0300, Andrei Datcu wrote:
> I'm having a wifi service with:
> State == "idle"
> Error == "invalid-key"
>
> Calling Service::Remove() will correctly reset the "Error" property.
> There will be no Service::PropertyChanged signal emitted however. Is
> this a bug or is this technically not considered a property change
> since the property is now missing all together from the property set?

Good question. I tend to say, the reason why no PropertyChanged is
issued is that the service itself is removed and not just a
property. Given that you call 'Remove' and get a reply message which
says, it the request was either successful or not should be
enough. Also, the D-Bus service object should be removed then and
this should give another signal source.

Thanks,
Daniel