connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Status of connman in Debian
@ 2021-08-21 11:21 mds
From: mds @ 2021-08-21 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

Hello,

I really like connamn, but I also really like Debian and connman in Debian is rather outdated.
Are there any plans to future support connman in Debian, or will it slowly die in Debian?

Regards,
Robert

* Re: Status of connman in Debian
@ 2021-08-23  8:03 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2021-08-23  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mds; +Cc: connman

Hi Robert,

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 01:21:22PM +0200, mds@gmx.at wrote:
> I really like connamn, but I also really like Debian and connman in Debian is rather outdated.
> Are there any plans to future support connman in Debian, or will it slowly die in Debian?

Sad to hear this. Well, someone needs to step up and take care of the
packaging in Debian. I don't think it is a lot of work (slow release
cadence and bug reports tend to hit upstream anyway). Please if you care
and have the know how to update Debian packages give it a go. I would
really appreciate it.

Daniel