connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Daniel Wagner <wagi@monom.org>
To: daniel antoine <univac55@gmail.com>
Cc: connman@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: connman issues with enlightenment since last upgrade to version 1.41
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:31:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Dania,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 06:17:15PM +0100, daniel antoine wrote:
> Hi gentlemen
>
> I use a systemd linux distribution with enlightenment, conman as
> communication manager and iwd as wifi controler. Since the last
> upgrade at 1.14 I have observed
> two things:
>
> First, the connman icons (wifi or ethernet) are not blue anymore and
> remain grey. When I look at the parameters wifi or ethernet are READY
> and not ONLINE . I notice that in the journal records that there is no
> more unknown route 82.165.8.211 as described in the archlinux wiki
> (unknown route on connection).
>
> The connection itself is still functional. I can access internet.

ConnMan has two 'online' states. READY and ONLINE. The READY state means
the interface has been successfully configured (e.g. DHCP was
successful). Then ConnMan tries to figure out if a remote IP is
reachable (so there is an uplink to the internet) the will go to the
ONLINE state.

There a bunch of knobs which control the ONLINE check.

We had some changes in the ordering and updating logic for the service
list. It's possible there is something wrong. Could you post a log
output from ConnMan? Maybe I can spot what's wrong.

> Second, My laptop is connected via a wifi connection and I use virtual
> machines (virt-manager). When I start one of the VM, on the host an
> ethernet connection is opened and connected despite there is no
> ethernet cable connected.

Does ConnMan assign a IPv4 link local address (169.254.0.0/16)?

> The side effect of this is that there is no
> dns resolution in the virtual machine until I disconnect the ethernet
> connection on the host with econnman. I suppose that It has something
> to do with the fact that the host connections are READY and not ONLINE

Not sure if this is related to the above ONLINE check.

Daniel