connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* connman issues with enlightenment since last upgrade to version 1.41 Boîte de réception
@ 2022-02-14 16:33 daniel antoine
From: daniel antoine @ 2022-02-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: connman

I have seen your answer on lore.kernel.org/connman but not on my
e-mail. How can I do a log ? by adding /usr/bin/connman -n -d
/home/user/connmanlog.txt in the connman.service file ? I have tried
manually, it has functionned but not written the file.I can reproduce
the problem by just removing the main.conf file with
EnableCheckOnline=true

in both cases (host wifi interface ready or online) when I start a
virtual machine and when I do an upgrade in the VM and reach the repo
server the vnet0 interface on the host get an address 169.254.xxx.xxx

BR

Dania

* Re: connman issues with enlightenment since last upgrade to version 1.41 Boîte de réception
@ 2022-02-14 17:45 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2022-02-14 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniel antoine; +Cc: connman

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 05:33:25PM +0100, daniel antoine wrote:
> I have seen your answer on lore.kernel.org/connman but not on my
> e-mail. How can I do a log ? by adding /usr/bin/connman -n -d
> /home/user/connmanlog.txt in the connman.service file ? I have tried
> manually, it has functionned but not written the file.

ConnMan writes to stderr for logging, so you need to redirect the stderr
to stdout:

  # connmand -n -d 2>&1 > cm-log.txt

> I can reproduce the problem by just removing the main.conf file with
> EnableCheckOnline=true

Alright, sounds something is not getting the default setup correctly.

> in both cases (host wifi interface ready or online) when I start a
> virtual machine and when I do an upgrade in the VM and reach the repo
> server the vnet0 interface on the host get an address 169.254.xxx.xxx

So there is no DHCP server. ConnMan tries on default to get a DHCP lease
if this fails it will setup the interface using IPv4LL (a.k.a IPv4 link
local or bonjour). Anyway you can configure ConnMan not to use
DHCP/IPv4LL.

Daniel