connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Jupiter <jupiter.hce@gmail.com>
To: Tim Orling <ticotimo@gmail.com>
Cc: Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@gmail.com>,
	Armin Kuster <akuster808@gmail.com>,
	 Daniel Wagner <wagi@monom.org>, comman <connman@lists.linux.dev>,
	 oe-core <openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org>,
	 yocto <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: [yocto] [OE-core] How to create connman_1.40.bbappend to enable and to build connman with iwd?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 16:50:58 +1100	[thread overview]

Thanks Tim for the link, I have built the iwd.

According to Daniel's advice to configure with "--disable-wifi,
--enable-iwd", I added PACKAGECONFIG[wifi] = "--disable-wifi,
--enable-iwd", to override PACKAGECONFIG[wifi] in oe-core
connman_1.40.bb. The intention is to remove wpa-supplicant and to add
iwd to connman_1.40.bbappend, it built the image without error, I
believe that the syntax is OK, but the wpa-supplicant was still built
and packaged. Any idea from OE/Yocto insiders why PACKAGECONFIG[wifi]
in bbappend is not effective?

Daniel, how can I verify in the Linux console if the connmand is
running with iwd or with wpa_supplicant? I have disabled
wpa_supplicant.service, and I'll remove wpa_supplicant completely when
I find a way to do it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh