connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "Then Kit Sen (XC-CI1/ESS1-Pg)" <KitSen.Then@my.bosch.com>
To: "connman@lists.linux.dev" <connman@lists.linux.dev>
Subject: Managing Wifi Network Interface with connman
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 08:16:47 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I had an own application to setup the WIFI client and Access Point, and would like to check with you whether connman capable to manage this Interface by setting up this interface IP address with DHCP client, DHCP server for AP, and DNS for this interface?

For eg, my application will bring up wlan0 and uap0 network interface and would like to use connman to configure DHCP server for uap0 and static IP address for wlan0.

Due to some requirement, i would need to configure :
1. Static IP
2. Dynamic IP
3. DHCP server start address, end address, lease hour and gateway
4. DNS

Or is it suitable that we develop a new plugin to only manage this network interface configuration which not setup by the wifi or iw plugin in connman? Or this is not recommended?

Best regards,

KitSen
​