connman.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "VAUTRIN Emmanuel (Canal Plus Prestataire)" <Emmanuel.VAUTRIN@cpexterne.org>
To: comman <connman@lists.linux.dev>
Subject: RE: How to create connman_1.40.bbappend to enable and to build connman with iwd?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:04:53 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Jupiter,

Pretty strange that you are facing such problems on dhcp,
which is a basic major feature.
By my side, I have been using wpa_supplicant, via yocto, for years,
on set-top-boxes deployed projects and it works perfectly, after few patches,
maybe you can try the HEAD.

Have you checked that your IP configuration method is hdcp?
Maybe checking the services list will give a clue:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=net.connman / net.connman.Manager.GetServices

I have started the migration to iwd, which required some fixes, and I have still
not reached the same behavior as with wpa_supplicant (but I am close).
Unfortunately, I had no more time to spend on this activity, but I hope giving
a new try before Christmas.

To integrate iwd on yocto (hardknott), in connman recipe, we are using this line:
PACKAGECONFIG[iwd] = "--enable-iwd --enable-wifi, --disable-iwd, iwd, iwd"
And to activate it via the local.conf
PACKAGECONFIG_remove_pn-connman = "wifi"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-connman = " iwd"

Best Regards,

Emmanuel