cryptsetup.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Development environment preparation
@ 2022-04-04  6:31 Surmont Jasper
From: Surmont Jasper @ 2022-04-04  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cryptsetup

Hey!

I'm trying to analyze the code of the cryptsetup project. In general I prefer to browse and analyze the code in VSCode. However, after setting everything up and including all the header files, there are certain macro's that are, according to vscode, not defined.
These are Macro's like: DEFAULT_VERITY_HASH, DEFAULT_LOOPAES_KEYBITS, PACKAGE_NAME etc.

Is there something I did wrong? Or should I make something first? I can't really find an answer on the docs / issues on gitlab. Thanks!

Cheers, Jasper Surmont

* Re: Development environment preparation
@ 2022-04-04  6:53 ` Milan Broz
From: Milan Broz @ 2022-04-04  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Surmont Jasper, cryptsetup development

On 04/04/2022 08:31, Surmont Jasper wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I'm trying to analyze the code of the cryptsetup project. In general I prefer to browse and analyze the code in VSCode. However, after setting everything up and including all the header files, there are certain macro's that are, according to vscode, not defined.
> These are Macro's like: DEFAULT_VERITY_HASH, DEFAULT_LOOPAES_KEYBITS, PACKAGE_NAME etc.
>
> Is there something I did wrong? Or should I make something first? I can't really find an answer on the docs / issues on gitlab. Thanks!

These comes from generated file config.h according to configure settings.

So you did not run autoconf.

If you use git, first you need to prepare autogen.sh, then run configure.
If you use released tarball, configure is already generated there, so just run it.

It is always good to start with README, as it configure --help is also mentioned there.
But I guess we lost some info about build from old INSTALL file, though. That should be fixed.

Milan