cryptsetup.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Question Regarding Decrypt Screen
@ 2023-01-26 19:42 Robel Daniel
From: Robel Daniel @ 2023-01-26 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cryptsetup

Hi CryptSetup Dev Team,

I had a question that I was looking to get some insight into. On
Ubuntu machines of any version (18.04, 20.4, 22.04), it's quite well
known that after powering on the machine, and reaching the Decrypt
screen (the screen where the user has to enter their decryption key to
unlock the disk), the Caps Lock button doesn't illuminate on most, if
not all, machine models. Is there a specific reason as to why that is
the case? Is there a solution that exists?

Looking forward to your response, thank you.

Regards,

Robel Daniel (he/him)

* Re: Question Regarding Decrypt Screen
@ 2023-01-26 19:45 ` Michael Kjörling
From: Michael Kjörling @ 2023-01-26 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cryptsetup

On 26 Jan 2023 14:42 -0500, from rdaniel@bostondynamics.com (Robel Daniel):
> On
> Ubuntu machines of any version (18.04, 20.4, 22.04), it's quite well
> known that after powering on the machine, and reaching the Decrypt
> screen (the screen where the user has to enter their decryption key to
> unlock the disk), the Caps Lock button doesn't illuminate on most, if
> not all, machine models.

This does not sound like something that cryptsetup does. You should
probably pose that question in a distribution-specific forum.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🏡 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”