On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 07:17:47PM +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote: > Given that dash was fairly recently changed to make it build on > Solaris 9, it seems like a mistake to break that again. Hello, This is an attempt to simplify the current implementation. This one does not require any temporary file anymore and relies only on sort and (a rather basic usage of) awk. I've checked the the Opensolaris' awk manual, trying to not introduce some unsupported syntax. I still wonder about the escaped newlines and the (currently commented) close() statements, but both can be easily addressed. So, if someone thinks it's worth testing... ++ Seb.