Hello. Long story short, after falsely accusing BSD make of not working when child shells use monitor mode someone pointed me into the correct direction, and whereas the major problem was on the mksh side (that sneaked in via $SHELL even though .. but regardless) and was already reported, i can report a minor issue with the mentioned shells nonetheless: with the reproducer (please do not complain, it tooks hours to get it that short), when run under supervision of a(ny tested) make(1), they spring a TTOU trap even though they should not .. i think. Please run via "make -f jobo.mk SHELL=YOUR-SHELL", and you should see something like ./mx-test.sh Starting job reaper (timeout of 2 seconds) .. waiting for job reaper to come up TTOU .... where this TTOU should not happen i would say. It does not happen with bash nor mksh nor OpenBSD sh and ksh, nor NetBSD sh and eh, ksh, hmm. I hope this helps, a nice weekend from Germany i wish, --steffen | |Der Kragenbaer, The moon bear, |der holt sich munter he cheerfully and one by one |einen nach dem anderen runter wa.ks himself off |(By Robert Gernhardt)