On 27/06/17 16:29, Zando Fardones wrote: > Hello, > > I think I've found a bug when using the here-document redirection in > an interactive shell. What basically happens is that you can't see the > command output if you set the "vi" or "emacs" options. That's not quite what happens: the here-document contents got lost, so there is no command output to see. Nice find. The problem is that getprompt() is implicitly called by el_gets(). This messes with the memory used by the parser to store the here-document's contents. In the non-emacs/vi case, the prompt is explicitly written by setprompt(), which wraps the getprompt() call in a pushstackmark()/popstackmark() pair to restore the state so that parsing can continue. But when getprompt() is called by el_gets(), it knows nothing about this. The whole call to el_gets() can be surrounded by another pushstackmark()/popstackmark() pair to solve the problem, as attached. Cheers, Harald van Dijk