distributions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@gmail.com>
To: "Anna (cybertailor) Vyalkova" <cyber+gentoo@sysrq.in>
Cc: distributions@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: Detect QML Dependencies
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 12:00:39 -0400	[thread overview]

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 11:39 AM Anna (cybertailor) Vyalkova
<cyber+gentoo@sysrq.in> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> in Debian we package more and more QML applications and face the problem, that
> we don't have tooling to easily get a list of QML dependencies out of the qml
> files. I normally end up doing a grep in the qml files and than I need to
> translate these dependencies to the corresponding Debian packages. What is
> quite error prune.
> Does anyone have already a working solution to detect the QML dependencies -
> maybe there is alaready a qmllinter/qmlchecker tool that returns the needed
> QML dependencies and create package dependencies?
>
> That is currently my way:
>
> grep -r --include="*qml" '^import ' | sed 's/^.*\.qml:import \([^ ]*.*\)/\1/g'
> | sort | uniq

I've been looking into this for Fedora as well:
https://pagure.io/fedora-kde/SIG/issue/37

There are some examples of dependency generators from openSUSE,
Sailfish OS, and OpenMandriva.

It'd be good to turn this into a unified framework that distributions
can use, because all these implementations are kind of scattered with
their own issues.