distributions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Heads-up on Chromium M115+: Rust is a dependency
@ 2023-07-17 18:23 Ryan Lahfa
From: Ryan Lahfa @ 2023-07-17 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: distributions; +Cc: lorenz

Hello there,

Through this
https://security.googleblog.com/2023/01/supporting-use-of-rust-in-chromium.html,
we noticed that Chromium M115+ ships with a bundled binary Rust compiler
now, this may be of interest for distribution who want to assert control
over the Chromium toolchain.

We replaced it in
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/243319 in NixOS.

M115 do not ship with production Rust code, so we do not know yet if our
approach is valid.

Kind regards,
--
Ryan Lahfa, NixOS developer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-07-17 18:32 UTC | newest]