Hi Mikulas, On Monday, 26 April 2021 18:02:12 CEST Mikulas Patocka wrote: > Try this patch - it will avoid writing discard filler to metadata if it is > already there. It won't help on the first discard, but it may help when > discarding already discarded blocks. I applied the patch and verified the patched kernel module is being used. Unfortunately there is no real difference while discarding. Presumably the drive is choking on the read requests alone? (As mentioned in other mail I contacted Seagate about this, it should be fixed in drive firmware.) Still, the patch itself seems good and does avoid unnecessary writes, so it seems like a good thing to be merged in my opinion. Thanks, -- Melvin Vermeeren Systems engineer