Dne 07. 05. 21 v 12:31 Michael Tokarev napsal(a): > Hi! > > I asked this 1.5 years ago, but go no replies. > > The thing is that we have a few bugs in kernel in snapshot-related area > for years, maybe for decades, and the bugs are still there and it is still > trivial to crash the kernel is you're not very-very-very careful. > > This might be due to user error ofcourse, but this still is definitely > NOT a valid reason for the crashes. > > For example, here it goes for snapshot-origin dm target. Just create > a snapshot-origin and do some activity on it, it is a 2-line reproducer: > >  # first create a test device: it can be anything >  # here we use a 100-MB loop device >  truncate --size=100M base >  losetup /dev/loop0 base >  # now create the snapshot-origin on it >  sz=$(blockdev --getsize /dev/loop0) >  dmsetup create base --table "0 $sz snapshot-origin /dev/loop0" >  # and now the crash >  mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/base > > This crashes instantly. Different kernels crashed a bit differently, > I tried even some 3.x kernels. But the result is the same - crash. > > Here's an example from 5.10 kernel: Hi Yes reproducible - can you please open BZ report here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=LVM%20and%20device-mapper I assume you are aware you are trying to using snapshot target in wrong way, but it should not be crashing kernel. Regards Zdeneek