DPDK-dev Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [dpdk-dev] Queue Management Support in DPDK
@ 2020-07-29 18:37 Archit Pandey
From: Archit Pandey @ 2020-07-29 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, users
  Cc: Gokul Bargaje, Mohit P. Tahiliani, Tarun Anand, Sanjana Krishnam,
	Avinash .,
	Leslie Monis

Hello everyone,

We have been using DPDK's QoS framework over the last year and found
that rte_sched and the provided qos_sched app work great for QoS.

However, when we ventured into trying to add CoDel (to replace RED) as
a dropper to the framework, we faced several challenges due to how
tightly rte_sched and rte_red were coupled together. As we had no
success with rte_sched, we would like to propose a new framework for
queue management in DPDK.

Goals we have in mind for the framework:
- Act as an abstraction for queue management algorithms (AQMs) such as
CoDel, PiE and RED.
- Make it easy for new algorithms to be added.

We’d appreciate feedback on whether such a framework would be welcomed
in the community, or what else could be done for adding queue
management support.

Sincerely,
Archit Pandey.