DPDK-dev Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 13/6/2019
@ 2019-06-13 10:33 Ferruh Yigit
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-06-13 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Stokes, Ian, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil,
	Goyal, Cristian Dumitrescu, Qian Xu, Yongseok Koh,
	Maxime Coquelin, Qi Zhang, Shahaf Shuler, Pablo de Lara

Minutes 13 June 2019
--------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* OvS
* Opens


Participants:
* Arm
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Red Hat


Release Dates
-------------

* v19.08 dates:
  * Integration/Merge/RC1     Monday 01 July   2019  
  * Release                   Thurs  01 August 2019

  * Reminder to send roadmaps for the release, it helps planning
    * Intel and Arm already shared the roadmap
    * Marvell will have new PMDs and will provide a roadmap
    * Mellanox will send the roadmap soon

* v19.11 proposed dates:
  * Proposal/V1               Friday 06 September 2019
  * Integration/Merge/RC1     Friday 11 October   2019
  * Release                   Friday 08 November  2019


Subtrees
--------

* main
  * Will do a sub-trees merge today
    * next-net to check final checks to include into merge
  * No specific patches highlight, requires attention at this stage

* next-net
  * Merging patches, nothing critical
  * memif PMD merged
  * There are two more new PMDs this release, hinic & oncteontx2

* next-virtio
  * Pulled previous week
  * More patches to merge next week
  * Decided to merge virtio-crypto patches into crypto tree, latest desicion:
    * vhost-crypto patches  ==> "next-net-virtio" tree
    * virtio-crypto pathces ==> "next-crypto" tree
    * Maxime and Akhil will synchronize/help each-other on reviewing them

* next-crypto
  * Review and applying patches going on

* next-eventdev
  * no update received

* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * Will drop these trees from the meeting and minutes, because of low traffic
    and missing attendance

* Stable trees
  * v18.11.2 is released on 11 June, thanks to Kevin. It is a big release.
    https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2019-June/000267.html
    https://fast.dpdk.org/rel/dpdk-18.11.2.tar.xz
    http://core.dpdk.org/download/


OvS
---

* Looking to integrate 18.11.2 into OvS 2.12
* Integrated "rte_" prefix patch
* Working in Travis support
* Will rebase 'dpdk-latest' branch on top of master


Opens
-----

* Please fix Coverity issues
* There may be an issue in automated checks, Ferruh will follow up
* Need to send a web page patch for roadmap
* Intel target date to replace legacy filtering with rte_flow is 20.05,
  will discuss more


DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, back to index

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-06-13 10:33 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 13/6/2019 Ferruh Yigit

DPDK-dev Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/dpdk-dev/0 dpdk-dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dpdk-dev dpdk-dev/ https://lore.kernel.org/dpdk-dev \
		dev@dpdk.org dpdk-dev@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index dpdk-dev


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox