On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:01:07AM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 05:01:42PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > This might be problematic if the clock to enable is stored in another node. > > > Let's add a function that allows to attach a clock that has already been > > > retrieved to a regmap in order to fix this. > > What is the use case for this? > This is useful when the clock you want to be handled by the regmap is > not described in the device node that probed the driver, but one of > its subnode, or an another node entirely. > We're in the latter case, where we have two controllers in the DT, but > are driven by the same driver. We'll create two regmaps, but one will > not have the proper of_node used to retrieve the clock. I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing why you're doing this. Can you be more concrete please?