Hi, On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 07:22:14PM +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote: > On 11/02/2020 18:27, Tony Lindgren wrote: > > > We are still missing DSI command mode support, and moving it > > > to the common DRM model. > > > > Nope, DSI command mode support has been working just fine for > > a while now :) And Sebastian has a WIP git tree of the common DRM > > Indeed... It had been going on for so long that now my mind is > stuck at dsi-command-mode-not-yet-in =). Welcome in the future :) > > model changes for it. I don't think we have devices with DSI > > command mode working for omapfb but not for omapdrm? > > Yes, I think that is true. Note, that OMAP3 quirk is missing (IDK if its supported in omapfb, haven't used it for ages). I planned to have a look at OMAP3 once the patchset moving omapdrm DSI to common DRM is merged, which needs a non-trivial rebase. > > What got missed for v5.6-rc1 is the LCD backlight patch though, > > I think the only issue there is default-brightness vs more common > > default-brightness-value usage if you have any input to that. > > At least for some boards a power supply is needed, and I think > there was no conclusion on who should enable that. It didn't seem > to fit in anywhere... > > But need to check on the latest status. I wasn't following that > work closely, as JJ was working on it. FWIW omapdrm's DSI driver is ready for that and omapfb is not :P -- Sebastian