Hi Laurent, On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 04:44:33AM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > Hi Maxime, > > I'm testing this, and I'm afraid it causes an issue with all the > I2C-controlled bridges. I'm focussing on the newly merged ti-sn65dsi83 > driver at the moment, but other are affected the same way. > > With this patch, the DSI component is only added when the DSI device is > attached to the host with mipi_dsi_attach(). In the ti-sn65dsi83 driver, > this happens in the bridge attach callback, which is called when the > bridge is attached by a call to drm_bridge_attach() in vc4_dsi_bind(). > This creates a circular dependency, and the DRM/KMS device is never > created. We discussed it on IRC, but it makes more sense here. The thing is, that patch is fixing a circular dependency we discussed with Andrzej a year ago: https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/20200630132711.ezywhvoiuv3swo57@gilmour.lan/ It seems like we have to choose between having the panels or bridges working :/ Maxime