On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 04:16:29PM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote: > Hi > > Am 02.08.22 um 15:58 schrieb Jani Nikula: > > On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > Multiple drivers (meson, vc4) define the analog TV 525-lines and 625-lines > > > modes in the drivers. > > > > > > Since those modes are fairly standards, and that we'll need to use them in > > > more places in the future, let's move the meson definition into the > > > framework. > > > > I think you should always expose interfaces, not data. Data is not an > > interface, and I think this sets a bad example that will be cargo > > culted. > > Although I wrote the opposite wrt patch 8, I agree with Jani here when it > comes to 'official' interfaces. The cases I've seen of exported data > structures often lead to intransparent code. Ack. The improvement Geert suggested would involve that change anyway, so this should be fixed for the next iteration. Maxime