Am 31.01.22 um 22:05 schrieb Daniel Vetter: > Ever since Tomi extracted the core code in 2014 it's been defacto me > maintaining this, with help from others from dri-devel and sometimes > Linus (but those are mostly merge conflicts): > > $ git shortlog -ns drivers/video/fbdev/core/ | head -n5 > 35 Daniel Vetter > 23 Linus Torvalds > 10 Hans de Goede > 9 Dave Airlie > 6 Peter Rosin > > I think ideally we'd also record that the various firmware fb drivers > (efifb, vesafb, ...) are also maintained in drm-misc because for the > past few years the patches have either been to fix handover issues > with drm drivers, or caused handover issues with drm drivers. So any > other tree just doesn't make sense. But also, there's plenty of > outdated MAINTAINER entries for these with people and git trees that > haven't been active in years, so maybe let's just leave them alone. > And furthermore distros are now adopting simpledrm as the firmware fb > driver, so hopefully the need to care about the fbdev firmware drivers > will go down going forward. > > Note that drm-misc is group maintained, I expect that to continue like > we've done before, so no new expectations that patches all go through > my hands. That would be silly. This also means I'm happy to put any > other volunteer's name in the M: line, but otherwise git log says I'm > the one who's stuck with this. > > Cc: Dave Airlie > Cc: Jani Nikula > Cc: Linus Torvalds > Cc: Linux Fbdev development list > Cc: Pavel Machek > Cc: Sam Ravnborg > Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman > Cc: Javier Martinez Canillas > Cc: DRI Development > Cc: Linux Kernel Mailing List > Cc: Claudio Suarez > Cc: Tomi Valkeinen > Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven > Cc: Thomas Zimmermann > Cc: Daniel Vetter > Cc: Sven Schnelle > Cc: Gerd Hoffmann > Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter Acked-by: Thomas Zimmermann > --- > MAINTAINERS | 6 ++++++ > 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+) > > diff --git a/MAINTAINERS b/MAINTAINERS > index ea3e6c914384..49809eaa3096 100644 > --- a/MAINTAINERS > +++ b/MAINTAINERS > @@ -7573,6 +7573,12 @@ S: Maintained > W: http://floatingpoint.sourceforge.net/emulator/index.html > F: arch/x86/math-emu/ > > +FRAMEBUFFER CORE > +M: Daniel Vetter > +F: drivers/video/fbdev/core/ > +S: Odd Fixes > +T: git git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc > + > FRAMEBUFFER LAYER > M: Helge Deller > L: linux-fbdev@vger.kernel.org -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev